Monday, June 13, 2011

Back to the Future: Mini Review Three


Truth be told, when the class decided they wanted to watch Back to the Future, I wasn't too thrilled. I remember seeing probably about ten minutes of one of the three movies in the trilogy, and it didn't really impress me. I figured watching the whole movie would be tortue. Thankfully, I was wrong. Surprisingly enough, I absolutely loved this movie- even the incredibly cheesy 80s special effects.
Back to the Future tells the story of Doc Brown who invented a time machine using a Delorean, because in his words "The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?" Wise words, Doc, wise words.
This movie had me laughing at many parts (except at the little incestuous sub-plot...that was about as disturbing as Pee-wee's Big Adventure). The plot was very creative and although I'm not typically a sci-fi fan, I really loved this movie.

"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"

No comments:

Post a Comment